A legal action filed by Bobbi Kristina Brown’s court appointed conservator claims Nick Gordon physically abused and took her money without authorization. He is accused of assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress in addition to illegal money transfers, according to USA Today.
Brown, the daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, has been unconscious after being found unresponsive in a bathtub in her home in January. Police in Brown’s hometown of Roswell state they’ve given their investigative file to Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard to decide whether any charges should be filed. Howard told the Associated Press his office will review the case “with greater interest” due to Brown’s deteriorating health.
The lawsuit paints a picture worthy of a feature movie, claiming,
- Gordon allegedly presented himself to be Brown’s surrogate brother before 2012.
- After she inherited a substantial sum of money (possibly from her mother’s estate), he “assumed the position of Brown’s boyfriend.”
- In January 2014, Gordon “perpetuated the fraud that he had married Brown, though in fact he never did so.”
- He used that “misrepresentation” as her husband to “control Brown and limit with whom she could interact” and changed her bank accounts so he could access her money.
- Gordon transferred Brown’s money into an account he solely controlled without her permission.
- He started asking questions about Brown’s access to trust funds, and “threatened one of the trustees with guns and other violent weapons.” That trustee later obtained a restraining order against Gordon.
- Gordon is accused of punching Brown in the face, knocking out a front tooth and dragging her upstairs by her hair.
- She allegedly told to an unnamed person that Gordon “was not the man she thought he was” and a time was set to meet this person on January 31, 2015.
- That day Brown and Gordon argued and she was found later in the day, unconscious, face down in a bathtub with her mouth swollen and another tooth knocked out.
- Brown is suffering from “global and irreversible brain damage.”
- Since being in a coma, the lawsuit claims Gordon stole $11,000 from her bank accounts.
The lawsuit claims Brown has suffered “life threatening bodily harm and damages,” because of Gordon’s actions and seeks damages of at least $10 million each for the assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and conversion claims.
Hollywood has a long history of famous and wealthy people being financially exploited. Whether Bobbie Kristina Brown had that same fate is currently unknown. If you think that you or a loved one has been the victim of fraud, are being manipulated or financially exploited, contact our office so we can talk about what’s going on, the applicable laws and how we can help.